Camp STIX 2014: Every Day's a Holiday
This year's camp will be held at Riverview Bible Camp July 13-19, 2014. RBC is located about 60 miles north of Spokane on the Pend Oreille River. To find out more about RBC go to their website here
The theme of camp this year is “Every Day’s A Holiday”. We will celebrate a different theme each day with holiday inspired costumes and fun:
- Cinco De Mayo Sunday (Fiesta)
- Merry Monday (Christmas)
- Turkey Tuesday (Thanksgiving)
- We’re Lucky Wednesday (St. Patrick’s Day)
- Trick or Treat Thursday (Halloween)
- Firework Friday (4th of July)
Need forms or info about camp this year? Click here
Want to remember good times at Camp STIX 2013: Exploring the Mysteries of the Unknown and more?
Camp STIX would not be possible without the generous donations of time, money, and supplies from our STIX community. Camp is fueled by lots of volunteers who work tirelessly throughout the year and during the camp week. Last year we had 169 campers making it our biggest year yet!
It took …
66 medical staff members including Medical Director, Education Director, and Medical Team members care for our campers 24/7. We have physicians, physician assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, and many professional students to care for our campers.
35 kitchen staff members make and serve healthy food. We have nutrition experts and cheerful kitchen helpers who plan menus, prepare the food, measure carbs and keep campers well fed.
88 program and support staff including Camp Director, Medical Director, Education Director, Program Directors, Crafts Directors, Director Assistants, Photographers, Lead Counselors, Counselors, and Junior Counselors who provide the fun activities and loving care to our campers.
15 Board Directors who work all year for camp.
Vendors provide us with tens of thousands of dollars in glucose meters, test strips, insulin, medical supplies, backpacks, and fun take-home items. Yet many expenses remain.
Interested in donating to Camp STIX? We could use your help!
Click on this link, for information and inspiration:
Then go to the top of this page, and click on the rectangle which encloses these words: "DONATE HERE". Thanks for your help!
Camp STIX is an independent, community-based, summer camp located in Northeastern Washington for children and teens with diabetes throughout the Northwest. The camp is held at Riverview Bible Camp on the Pend Oreille River near Cusick, Washington. Camp STIX offers a one-week program for youth ages 8-18. The next summer's camp will be held July 13-19, 2014. See you there!
Camp STIX is based on four fundamentals for success:
- Campers at Camp STIX will receive the necessary resources to mentally and physically overcome the everyday challenges of having diabetes.
- Camp STIX offers all that traditional summer camps offer, plus a whole lot more! Games such as Capture the Flag, Message to Garcia, A.W.O.L., Counselors Ghost, and activities like arts and crafts, canoeing, swimming and an exciting campfire are part of the tradition of Camp STIX.
- Campers will receive optimum diabetes care from local physicians and other health care providers, and also from diabetes educators and dieticians. Campers will have the tools and resources to successfully manage their diabetes while at camp by balancing their activity level with their food and insulin intake.
- Camp STIX will never offer a dull moment to children with diabetes. Our summer camp has a ton of activities which will give kids a terrific week of friendship and fun that they will never forget.